Our first undertaking at the Kitalys Institute is creating an awareness of the need for faster, cost-effective, and efficient regulatory pathways for advancements of geroscience into public health. We call this endeavor Project Healthspan.
Models for our effort include the Health of Nations organized by the All-Party Parliamentary Group UK and the Alliance for Regenerative Medicine US.
Among our goals are:
- Examination of Federal Law Section 3033-3036 on accelerated approval, regulatory guidance, and technical standards for regenerative medicine, as a possible avenue for the objective.
- Conducting a necessary education and awareness campaign for legislative officials and staff.
- Polling/focus groups on framing, messaging, and language on healthy longevity.
- Formation of a Healthspan Caucus.
- Create a whitepaper to motivate policymakers to focus on the issue.